Thursday, July 27, 2006

Community

On my usual community walk with the dog, I go past a house which is very well kept and which has a pretty little well-tended garden which always reflects the time of year (i.e., Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc). It is owned by elderly people. They have a little dog which sometimes barks from the back yard as I go by. The man, who is about 70 or older, can often be seen sitting on a porch chair out front, painting pictures. I have never seen the pictures. Last year, whenever I walked by, he never looked up, but this year he is doing less painting, I think, so I did finally once manage to make eye contact with him so that I could say hello to him. Now I do so whenever he is outside, and he usually is. I find his presence very comforting and I look forward to going past his house, and I am always mildly disappointed when he is not there. He was not outside today. Sigh.

There is a German choral group touring north America and they will be in town on Sunday. I plan to go see them. They will do choral classics from operas and what not, some religious works, and also some German folk songs. Now would be a good time for my parents to be visiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home