Monday, September 11, 2006

Blasted, &*#$%@!, junk mail Losers!

Oh, this makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOO mad. Why I should take it personally is beyond me. The excerpt below is from a very benign looking email that made it into my inbox, no doubt due to the "clever" insertion of periods, commas and apostrophes, so certain words wouldn't be picked up by the junk mail filter. I HATE these people. Moreover, do you they really expect me to take them seriously when they have to resort to these methods (they are as good as advertising that they are considered junk mail by all simply by employinng such methods) in order to make it through to people's inboxes. Can't folks make money the old fashioned way? Is an honest living somehow foreign to these people? Way to get me going on a Monday morning.

T.his qui'ck ris,ing s'tockk is a go,od lo,ng ter'm win.nerr. T`his s'tock has b,een steadi.ly climbi'ng, and
wi.ll con`tinue to c.limb the cha'rts due to s,uperb busines,s sol,utions and creat,ive partnersh.ips
in the busin`ess worl.d.

Check out the wording too. This person is a recent graduate of the saying nothing while saying a lot school of business (the same one politicians attend). I need to point out, however, in all my ranting, that I really don't get THAT many junk mails. I know some people get hundreds a day. I suppose one has to learn to be philosophical.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. D. T. Saul said...

Maybe the typist just has really really big fingers ;-)

9:30 a.m.  
Blogger Pirate said...

lol. I like that. Thanks for a little comic relief on that one. You're right of course. That's possible. :-)

12:32 p.m.  
Blogger Chandira said...

That annoys the crap out of me, too.

You should have been a fly on the wall then I took on a recent office equipment salesman. I must get 3 a week, asking if we need new copiers. They come IN to my office!! Despite the 'no solicitation' notice. So I took this guy on.
I asked exactly that question, 'what about your ignoring of my saying 'no' is supposed to endear you to me enough that I might change my mind?' he could NOT deal with that, and we got into a screaming match, it was hilarious. I got a round of applause from my office mates. :-)

He left his business card, with all his personal details on, cell phone, email, etc. If I weren't such a nice person, and was an evil genius, I'd have signed him up for the Big Gay Truckers Union, Jehovah's Witnesses, or Readers Digest, or something.

So sorry we can't do that with emailers, at least I got some satisfaction.

10:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home