Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yankees and Giant Camels

Okay, how's this for colorful dreams? I dreamt last night that I watched a Yankees ball game from a bed (mine) perched on a grassy hilltop, and the reason I could see was because there'd been a fire that levelled some of the buildings that would otherwise have been in the way. We lived around the corner from Yankee Stadium (but in the madenning fashion of dreams, we didn't) and I was looking around thinking, we could buy a little house here, what a nice neighborhood. Then, in the part of the dream where we actually DID live in the neighborhood, behind our house was a very wide grassy area (I know, this doesn't happen in the Bronx), with a border of trees behind the grassy area, and a low, 4-foot fence separating our yard from the grassy area. So I'm looking out at the back yard and I see (on the grassy area) a camel at least four stories high. This doesn't alarm me. Then the camel walks to the left a distance, then makes one of those noises dogs make when they lay down when they're tired, and lays down, with its knees tucked under its body. The way cats lay down. I remember thinking ... boy, hope it doesn't walk over the fence, because it could do some serious damage if it walked into the house. But I only hoped for this in a vague way. I certainly wasn't worried. Too weird.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chandira said...

Awesome dream!! lol..
As you know I LOVE camels and have several cames as friends. I wonder if it was one of them?

1:06 p.m.  
Blogger J. D. T. Saul said...

Sorry my friend for the Evil Empire. We'll take care of the Red Sox for you. Go Rockies.

10:55 p.m.  
Blogger J. D. T. Saul said...

Thanks for the encouragement for the Rocks :-). Call me a purist, but in rooting for the Rocks and not the Sox, pay special attention in Coors field - Strategy, no DH, i.e. REAL Baseball. that stuff they play in the AL is glorified batting practice ;-).

9:11 a.m.  
Blogger J. D. T. Saul said...

P.S. Andie and I are heading back East to see a game in the House that Ruth built before they shut it down next summer too.

11:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home