Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rockies down 1 game, 1 run

I hope the Rockies turn it around, but it's looking not too good; it is the bottom of the 7th and it's 2-1. It would be great if they went to Colorado with a split. I'm not normally an NL team fan, but I don't like the Red Sox, so go Rockies.

The weather here in Calgary has been freaky lately. We had 22° on Tuesday (that's about 74° for my American friends) and a few degrees warmer yesterday. When I was walking the dog, I was in thin sweatpants and a t-shirt, and I was wishing I'd worn shorts. This morning we had two inches of snow on the ground, a cold wind and I got an opportunity to wear my new Bayern-München soccer scarf that I bought on the weekend (I bought a jersey, too, it's GORGEOUS!). I've been watching German soccer on GOL-TV and I'm loving it! And, my favourite team is at the top of the standings (and I can't say the same for the Yankees or the Canucks).

3 Comments:

Blogger The Misanthrope said...

The weather does indeed suck.

The Rockies much to my chagrin are going to get swept. Boston has become the new Yankees as far as a team to dislike.

2:31 p.m.  
Blogger J. D. T. Saul said...

Sorry Pirate,

The Rocks didn't show up to play and the Red Sox clubbed them. It was sad to watch.

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger blogdog said...

Boooo, Rockies! Boooooo, Yankees!

Sorry. I'm a third-generation Red Sox fan.

I can't quite understand the hype about the Sox having become the Evil Empire now that they've started winning games, though. Okay, so they're not exactly the "lovable losers" any more -- but I think you have to win more than two World Series before people can really start talking "dynasty" with straight faces.

(Cubbies in 2008! Boo-yeah!)

6:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home