Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm Still Alive

I've been busy lately with all sorts of things. I've started writing again, too, just not on my blog. So much has happened since I last posted anything. There are a couple of big news items. My pastor may be leaving our church, which really makes me apprehensive. I spent much of Sunday in tears after I found out the news. He won't make a decision until the end of January, though, so I'll try to hold off on any contingency plans until then.

I have recently started making my own cheese and find myself with all this WHEY that I don't know what to do with. A little research has turned up conflicting opinions on whether you should feed it to your dog. This morning I think I gave him a little too much, but he seems to tolerate a few tablespoons a day just fine. One nice fellow on a farm in Vermont gave me some advice. Thanks!

Christmas is racing towards us and I have done very little. Some charity work and we bought the tree but we haven't put it up yet. Anyway, must run. Will blog again soon, I hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger blogdog said...

Good to see you back!

10:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia,

Gosh, as you can see, I haven't been an active blogger myself :) I just saw your comment about all that leftover whey. In the winter I give it my dogs, a small bowl a day. They're about 60 pounds and seem to handle it well. A couple dog food cookbooks I have both include cheese in some of the recipes and my dogs don't seem to have problems with it.

I also use it in place of water or buttermilk in pancake mixes. Since it tastes faintly milky, I'd use it in place of any milk in a recipe or in place of water where you'd like the creamy flavor.

In the summer though... most of it goes in the garden! I water my veggies with it. Well, I have an antsy baby calling, I'll check back in soon...

8:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home